Sunday 23 March 2014

On the catwalk











































"Everyday is a fashion show and the world is the runway"
This years fashion week was hosted by
Virgin Airline. 
Which made it known as VAMFF.
Runway 7 was the show to be at presented by the magazine Shop and graced by the presents of  Shakuhaci, Secret South, Alice McCall, Macgraw, Limedrop and Nevenka.
The night started with a turn of events since my friend and I's tickets were brought last minute, our seats were at least 10 rows from the front. Just before the show started a nice lady who worked at the event took us to some spare seats second row from the front. This was a spectacular view my friend and I were very grateful!! The show was filled with amazing looks. From what I gathered from the assortment of each label's collection, patterned fabrics and flashes of bright colours mixed with shades of black and white seemed to be the style for the seasons to come. 

Shakuhaci embraced us with its floral jungle girl vibe with sheer sophistication. Lime drops brought us an assortment of pastel infushion trend which sported a chic business women do. The floral red number  little number from Secret South sure was one to impress.Those crisp wind brim hats and we can forget the plastic visors. I adored mostly the purple lilac chiffon dress. The fabric; how it draped, the way the model walked was stunning. Alice McCall never ceases to let me down. This season they brought us a collection inspired by none other than NEW YORK NEW YORK. My most favourite piece of the night was the New York city top and skirt. I just loved the bright vibrant primary colours and the artwork. The rest of her collection supported bright and fun reds, yellows mixed with white and black to brake up the looks. "I see red, I see red, I see red," said Macgraw. I love the red coat and patterned blazers of leaves. Was a fresh fun look built for that office girl by day or party girl by night. Nevenka's use of crochet with a light weighted fabric was very bohemian and gave a very earth child like vibes. I like the idea of maxi dresses for the colder months. Who said you can't wear dresses this autumn winter any way?!!!

The fashion show proved to be quite excellent as per usual. There's quite a few things that a screaming to get in my wardrobe. Until next march.

For now 
"Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live."
                                                                                                       Gianni Versace
Xo D.I.A.N.A



No comments:

Post a Comment